I'm an Assistant Professor at the Department of English, Linguistics and Theatre Studies
, National University of Singapore
Here is my CV
as of Apr. 2023.
I'm a linguist who works toward deepening our understanding of human linguistic capacity with cross-linguistic data collected using different methods.
filler-gap dependency, multi-valuation, agreement with con/disjunction;
English, Singlish, Chinese, Germanic languages, Slavic languages;
acceptability judgment, truth value judgment, forced choice, elicitation
I started Ling Alert
What's happening in NUS language science
- 2023.3 - Nick and Zheng presented their joint and individual works at HSP 2023. They also presented the joint work at the Workshop on Locality in theory, processing, and acquisition.
- 2023.2 - Beth Chan (MA) presents her work on Right Dislocation in Colloquial Singapore English: A Biclausal Movement Account at ConSOLE 2023.
- 2023.2 - My paper Conjunction Agreement and the Coordinate Structure Constraint is published in Glossa: a journal of general linguistics. doi: https://doi.org/10.16995/glossa.6382
- 2023.2 - Haoze Li gave a talk titled A dynamic turn of question meaning: A case study of quantificational variability effects
- 2023.1 - Peter Jenks gave a talk titled Personhood in the Thai pronominal system
- 2023.1 - Meghan Lim (MA 2022) gave a talk at NELS 53 titled An event semantics analysis for the bridging effects of verbs of creation